Monday, January 9, 2012

Are You Being Willfully Disobedient?

In America we call it the land of the free yet there are over 4,000,000 laws in effect.  Do we revolt and say we are not going to keep these laws?  Some do and they are punished accordingly.  But for the most part we obey them.  Why?  Simply put because we are Americans and those are American laws for Americans.  We keep the laws of the physical land without much of a thought, but when YHVH  asks us to obey, we say, "no, that has been done away with!" like an immature and ungrateful child.


YHVH has 613 commandments (for those not seeing the connection 613 < 4,000,000).  Of these 613, some only apply to women, some only apply to priests, and some only apply in certain situations.  You may ask why do I keep Torah when I have been saved by grace.  Simply put, I am a citizen of Israel and the kingdom of heaven so I keep the laws of that kingdom.  In essence my Elohim is asking me to keep roughly 250 commandments out of the 613.

Salvation came to me by grace through faith and that not of myself.  Blessing comes to my by keeping the Instruction (Torah) of my Elohim.   I walk in His statutes because He is King, not I.  He makes the rules of the Kingdom, not I.

Rest assured it is not burden because the commandments of YHVH are sweet instruction that are for my good.  Kosher alone keeps me from all the diseases associated with eating those unclean foods.  Do the research and you will see how bad pork and shellfish really are for you.  These are not things that are hidden.

The question you must ask is:  what Kingdom and King do I serve?  The answer lies in what laws you obey.  Show me what commandments you keep and I will show you what God you serve.  This is what James was getting at in the book of James.  It is not hard to reconcile that faith that is alive bears fruit until that repentance.  If you keep Torah, you evidence that your salvation has come from YHVH, the Elohim of the Torah.

You are only accountable to Elohim for what you know.  Once you have heard the information and choose to disbey, then that is willful disobedience and there is no sacrifice for that.  You must choose life or death.  Elohim does not force obedience.  He gives you the instruction and you must choose blessings or curses.

Hebrews 10:26-30
26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES
28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know Him who said, “VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY.” And again, “THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE.”

No comments:

Post a Comment