Friday, December 9, 2011

Who is the one who really loves you? It may not be who you think.

Life is a confusing mix of love, hate, pain, joy, truth, and so called harmless “white lies”. I was thinking on truth the other day and how truth never suits all situations. Or at least that is how it seems to play out in our society and the church. When we think it is best for another person, we easily slip into a harmless “white lie”. All the while telling ourselves that it is what is best for them. Is that what is really best for them? Is it safe to live a life based on truth peppered with lies for the sake of others?  Doesn’t a little leaven ruin the whole lump of dough?


I believe at best it will only make us hypocrites. Being a father, I have seen this full well. I want my children to trust me and so I am unashamedly truthful with them. I want my children to know that their Father (not a mistype; I am teaching my children about their Father in heaven in what I do) is principled and one that they can run to in the storms of life and celebrate with when they are joyful. Therefore, there is no santa claus in our house or reindeer on the roof. The delight of children in such things is not worth the moment they find out that mom and dad have been lying to them all those years opening the floodgates to question what else mom and dad have lied about.

That is why when we celebrate Feast and Festivals throughout the year, they are based in truth; the word of God.  We care not for traditions of men or what our family has always done forever.  Those things don’t bring lasting joy and closeness to YHVH.  The question that must be asked is: Is perpetuating a lie to others really loving them to our fullest potential?  For me, it is not.   Now this stance is not popular and has cost me points in America society and with my family.  But if you really look closely at what I am doing, I think you will find that it is what everyone wishes they could do with their children but are afraid of what others might think.  Don’t give your child a stone if they say they are hungry.

The Scripture says to train up a child in the way they will go and he will not depart from it.  What way are you training up your children to follow?  Myths about a fat man in a suit giving gifts living in the North Pole, a celebration of the winter solstice and tree worship all while claiming it is about the Messiah, or the day of the dead and easter eggs and rabbits?  I can guarantee you this:  If you train your children up in those ways, they will not depart from them.  Only YHVH will be able to pull them out of the lies and set them on the path of the righteous like he did with me.

Do we want to just love people or love them to our fullest potential?  To truly love someone, you must love like Yeshua.  He never was politically correct; He came and spoke truth unabashedly.  He shared that which sets men’s souls free from bondage.  Most of what I see preached and taught today is more bondage.  It is bonding men into a system that will ultimately leave them unprepared for the things God is about to do.  These pastors are the ones crying, “Peace, peace!”  They are teaching their congregation the traditions of men and not the commandments of Elohim.  They are the moneychangers in the inner court keeping people from getting close to God.

Why?  Two reasons: 1) They just flat out don’t know or 2) They know the truth but to turn 180 and teach the truth would almost immediately unseat them from their position of power in their church.  I can tell you this, when the end comes, I would not want to be one of these men.   I have heard it said that you are responsible for what you know.  That is the key:  what you do with truth once you have it.  If I was a man telling you things from men, I am not one to listen to.  But if I am a man telling you things that God has actually said in His word, then I am giving you truth from God.  Now what will you do with it?  How are you going to love others?  Who really loves you that you have surrounded yourself with?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment