Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Don't be Like the Nations, Be Set Apart, Holy unto Elohim

Leviticus 20:22-26
22 ‘You are therefore to keep all My statutes and all My ordinances and do them, so that the land to which I am bringing you to live will not spew you out. 23 Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I will drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them. 24 Hence I have said to you, “You are to possess their land, and I Myself will give it to you to possess it, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the LORD your God, who has separated you from the peoples. 25 You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, which I have separated for you as unclean. 26 Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the LORD am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine. 

This passage says so much about our Elohim and what he hates and likes.  It is more of a distinction between what is clean and unclean.  That is why keeping kosher is so important.  Do you not realize that YHVH is going to kosher the earth with fire in the end to make it new?  He will take what is unclean, just like Yeshua did with us, and make it clean so that His people who walk in His ways can walk in a clean land.  

Let’s look deeper into this passage.  I know.  Nobody reads Leviticus.  I think that may be part of the church’s problem; lack of understanding of the Scripture that is good for our instruction for the purpose of not making the same mistakes as our ancestors. 

I must preface this study with the following Scripture so we do not try to say that these things only pertain to the Israelites of the past: 

Malachi 3:6-7
6 “For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.
7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD of hosts. “But you say, ‘How shall we return?’ 

Do you see the problem?  His people have a problem with turning away from His statutes.  That is His Torah or Instruction.  And He does not change so they are found wanting.  What Elohim desired of His people back in those days is the same thing He desires of His people today.  If He changes then we are doomed because His judgments are not perfect and subject to whimsical change.  We have no hope of salvation because that line of thinking calls into question the surety of the work that Yeshua has done. 

22 ‘You are therefore to keep all My statutes and all My ordinances and do them, so that the land to which I am bringing you to live will not spew you out. 

The land will spew you out because you do not keep the laws of the King over the land.  Just like we live in a state and city and obey their laws and ordinances, so too does God’s kingdom have laws and regulations called commandments.  If we keep them, we receive the blessing of keeping them and if we do not keep them we receive the absence of that blessing which is consequently a curse. 

23 Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nation which I will drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them. 

F.Y.I. - YHVH does not like Christmas or Easter.  In fact, He abhors them.  He gives specific command in this verse to not follow the customs of the nations.  You are to follow the customs of your Father, if He be yours.  Those are the Feasts and Festivals of Leviticus 23.  Remember I said you should read Leviticus and a lot of things may clear up. 

24 Hence I have said to you, “You are to possess their land, and I Myself will give it to you to possess it, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the LORD your God, who has separated you from the peoples

Elohim is going to take the land of the nations away from them and give it to His people.  And this land will be prosperous and flowing with life.  We will all be in the land at the end of all things so if this is not the desire of your heart, you may have the wrong God.  YHVH also says that He has separated us from the peoples.  This means that you are being disobedient when you try and mix yourself back in with them. 

25 You are therefore to make a distinction between the clean animal and the unclean, and between the unclean bird and the clean; and you shall not make yourselves detestable by animal or by bird or by anything that creeps on the ground, which I have separated for you as unclean. 

Because of this separation, you are to keep kosher.  Moreover, this means you are to keep yourself clean and separate from the unclean (pagan rituals, worldly ways, etc.)  It is not enough to just keep yourself separate by making up how you do that (not watching television, not drinking, etc.)  You need to keep yourself separate how God commands you to. 

26 Thus you are to be holy to Me, for I the LORD am holy; and I have set you apart from the peoples to be Mine.


This is a classic Hebrew example of repetition to emphasize how important something is.  Are you getting the point by now that you are to be Holy, set apart, clean, kosher?  God does not change and those who are believers today are supposed to be doing these things as well. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment