Monday, June 13, 2011

The Death of Truth???

In this day and age, to seek to talk about "Truth" will be met with much resistance because it tears at the very fabric of our realities that we live in.  Human beings hate being wrong and especially if it means that they have built an entire life on that wrong.  I equate it to completing a building, no a skyscraper and then realizing that you have forgotten to tighten every bolt in the structure.  One wrong tremor and your structure (life) could come tumbling down causing you to have to rebuild or remain in ruin for the rest of your life.

So is Truth Dead?  Is truth something subjective to myself or others?  Will that hold my building together?  Can my skyscraper survive a lifetime and not crumble or will it all crumble when I am gone leaving my family or friends out in the cold with no shelter?

I must warn everyone ahead of time that my journey in this blog will know no bounds; political, religious, or philosophical.  I am a Messianic Believer so I will leave you to guess where my truth foundation comes from, but I will do my best to remain objective and let the facts play out as they will.

I want to know such things as: 
  1. Are the blueberries in my morning bowl of cereal real or fake?
  2. Has our president really anything to do with our current economic downfall?
  3. Are we the new Rome crumbling from the inside due to our decadence?
  4. Can our government really do anything to help us with our own tax dollars that we could not do on our own cheaper?
  5. Are eggs really good for me and do cell phone really cause cancer?
  6. Are we close to the end of the world?  Were the Mayans right?
  7. Why has our society glamorized and become enamored with violence?
These are just to name a few and the list seems daunting, but I have time and YHVH willing, the breath to explore these things and hopefully answer some of them.  I invite anyone interested in joining me in this quest.  If it doesn't stretch you then you are probably not doing it right.

The title of this blog is Hebrew for "Those who Know Understand".  If you never know truth and only have understanding (personal experiences of others and yourself), you may miss finding wisdom.

Shalom,

Jason G Brown

2 comments:

  1. Truth is not dead. Jesus calls Himself the Way, the Truth and the Life. We live in a world of lies, my friend. When you watch TV, fill up your gas tank, go out to eat, jump on the web, when you collect your paycheck...the list goes on.

    As to your questions...
    1. Not sure, but probably.
    2. While the premise requires me to acknowledge that US economy is failing, which I disagree with, I would say the president has very little to do with economics. I'm not sure economics is his job anyway.
    3. The sin of the people causes the earth to groan, yes. It staggers like a drunkard, reeling to and fro, weighed down with our inequity.
    4. The government demands you give them money, its legalized extortion...
    5a. I don't know why they wouldn't be, buy a chicken coup and grow some of your own if you don't trust the grocery.
    5b. Everything causes cancer.
    6a. Probably not, but one can hope...
    6b. If you're referring to the 2012 prediction, no one knows when the end will come. I've heard that they ran out of rock to write their calender and decided not to get another one, but that's just what I heard. :)
    7. Violence sells and it provides a great distraction.

    When I look at the world and see all it has to offer I can't help but ask myself what is the importance of it. Does this really matter? Will this nation matter to God? Here is what I know. God cares for people, but governments and nations are the passing wind to Him. He causes them to do His will regardless of details. He is the Master of history and I'm so glad I'm on His side. LIVE IN THE VICTORY!

    --the ginger kid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,

    Thanks for your responses. I agree that Truth is not dead. I have never heard about the Mayans running out of rock, but that might be something interesting to research.

    Blessings to you my brother,

    Jason

    ReplyDelete